Friday, March 27, 2009

Doesn't it looks so sad?!

As you may remember from previous posts, Ashton has been taking albuterol for bronchiolitis. It's been 5 weeks now and he's still having breathing issues, so I called the doctor this morning to see if this was typical. They wanted to see him, so I left work and picked him up from the sitter's. The doctor still heard the bronchiolitis in his lungs and noticed that he also has an ear infection in his right ear. So, since the liquid albuterol wasn't being effective enough, he gave us a breathing machine and a prescription for nebulizer-specific albuterol and an antibiotic for the ear infection. But he also wanted a chest x-ray done on Ashton to verify that it was bronchiolitis and not something more like pneumonia.

I took him to the imaging center and he had his x-ray. I knew it would be hard to describe without a visual, so I asked the technicians if I could take picture. They didn't mind. Here are the two pics I took of him:





It was kinda sad but at the same time kinda cute! My poor little baby! And by the way, it looks more uncomfortable than it really is. Anyway, the doctor called and said his x-rays showed no pneumonia and it's a positive diagnosis for bronchiolitis.Hopefully the machine works well and he doesn't develope asthma from this.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

it is so sad!! They had to do that to Aiden and Mylee I wanted to cry for them!! ):

colds1 said...

Oh, I hope it wasn't as bad as it looks! That looks absolutely like torture!! I'm glad the diagnosis wasn't any worse.

Lori said...

Oh poor Ashton!! That brings back memories. Ty had to do that when he was almost two. That's when they first said he had asthma. I'm so glad Ashton's wasn't pneumonia!!

Jabon said...

My poor critter! I feel for him.

The Goulds said...

Poor guy! That picture brings back memories of when Zhara stopped breathing. They had to do an x ray to see if there was anything in her lungs and I watched from behind the wall because I was pregnant. It was sad :( I hope he gets better. Let us know if you need anything!

Shelly said...

Holy crap!! The poor baby! Lung x-rays must be different than heart x-rays since Matt had several, but NEVER had to do something like that!! I ache for the poor little boy! Poor Ash! I hope he gets past all of this soon!!! (I feel like all those exclamation points make me seem like I'm yelling through this whole comment! YELL!!!) (Sorry, I just got home from Disneyland and need to go to sleep for several days.)