Thursday, January 22, 2009

Where has the time gone?

Today Ashton is exactly 3 months old. That's 1/4 of a year old! It seems like not too long ago when I was still pregnant with him.




He is getting so big and showing little signs of his personality, which at times is very sweet! Ashton loves to talk to us, be tickled, and wrestle with his daddy. He is already a tough little guy and is just starting to reach out towards things. One of his favorite things seems to be sticking his tongue out at us! He's a funny, sweet boy.

Brett is a character. He tends to have catch phrases and uses them often. He interchanges 'Thank you" with the word "Yay." For example, he just asked me if I can make his birthday at Chuck E. Cheese's. I said yes, so he said "Yay." He says it at normal volume, just as if he was saying okay, or thanks, or anything like that. It's pretty funny. He also likes to end all of his stories with the words "Right now." So he'll tell me all about how he is going to go to football practice when he gets bigger, right now. Recently he's picked up the word 'seriously', but it sounds more like 'sicily'. So, he sicily needs a drink Mom, right now. I can't believe he is about to turn 4!



Cody has his little quirks as well. He likes to start conversations off by saying, "Okay, I'm going to talk about football right now." or whatever it may be. He has been banned from his video games until I feel so inclined as to hook them back up (yeah, right), so he's actually spent time reading books for recreation. And-gasp!-playing outside with his friends! At first, I had to get smart, though. He wanted to go over to a particular boy's house to play and I soon figured out it was only because they could play x-box over there. I personally think our children's generation is set to doom because of all the electronic devices allotted to them. What in the world does a 10 yr old need with a cell phone? Give me a break. Why, when I was a kid...Sorry. I had to stop myself from sounding too old there. In this picture he's unloading a pile of brick we bought for the back yard. He's roped a couple of friends into helping him. I took a couple pictures of them, but couldn't get a real nice one. The boy in the yellow shirt loves to talk and I couldn't get a shot without him talking! Cody is getting to be such a big boy. I took him shoe shopping the other day and had to buy shoes out of the men's department. Yes, he's a size 7 men's shoe! Where did my little baby go??



This post could not be complete without also including my husband. It's amazing to me when I think of how long we have been married. It's been 8 1/2 years and I cannot get enough! I am so thankful to have him in my life. He helps me make sure I don't take myself too seriously. Yes, I know it's hard to think it, but I do tend to get uptight. He makes me laugh and is the most interesting person I have ever known. I have to thank Heavenly Father for sending my family to Arizona. I truly believe this state has been a blessing to our relationship. Since we have moved here, we both have grown so much as a couple and have been able to strengthen our relationship and make it something we can be proud of. I am really excited for the day we get to go to the temple and be sealed for all time and eternity together (it's getting closer every day!). He's my absolute best friend and I do not want to be without him! I love him with all my heart, mind, and soul.

In this picture, he's just goofing off after a hard afternoon working on the sprinkler system for our backyard.

5 comments:

Shelly said...

Brett sicily cracks me up, right now. How funny!!

I can't believe that Cody's feet are the same size mine are!

Ashton is such a cute boy. By the time we see him he's going to have lost so much of the little baby look. I'm tempted a lot to just jump in the van and come visit you. I think it's the realization of the two day drive that holds me back.

By they way, cute picture of Jabon! Woo-woo!

RNLambile said...

Ok, I'm going to comment about your post right now. I think it is sicily great!! I can't believe how fast Ashton is growing. All the boys look like they are doing great. I wish that I could work on a sprinkler system for our back yard. Shelly, thou shall not covet your sister's husband!!!!! Love you guys.

PS If Shelly hadn't gone all ga-ga over Jabon I just might have told her to get in the van and go, but maybe I should keep her close by. And Jabon shouldn't you keep those "guns" locked up in a cabinet somewhere? :)

Lori said...

Such cute pictures! I couldn't get Teagan quiet enough to read your post for a while. All I could hear, which was right in my face was BEBE!! BEBE!!! BEBE!! Over and over. Then when Brett's pic came up, he was calling him Chen Chen, for Trenton. He was all so excited. I like being able to let my boys see your boys' pictures. It helps not to feel too far away.

The Goulds said...

Your boys are so big!! I can't believe how grown up Cody is!! It was not that long ago that I was picking him up from school & Brett couldn't even crawl!!
I also would like to say that something about AZ....the move here has been amazing for our family & our bond & love for one another. Even though it is crazy hot I am ever grateful for the wisdom our Heavenly Father has.
I can't wait until we meet up!!

Miss Stace said...

I cannot believe how big Cody is!!! We are old!!!!!!!