Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Easily Replaced

I go back to work full time next week. It's something I am looking forward to. I like to be busy and work certainly does that. Also, I like to be able to pay bills and therefore need work. It's also something that I am a little sad about. For any of you mothers who work outside of the home know, it's not only a drastic change for the baby, but also for the mommy, who has been tightly bound by her little one, and I mean by the breast and heart-strings. Thankfully, I have only had 1 night when I laid awake worrying about my baby at the sitter's once I get back to work. I don't worry anymore (ok, not as much as I had) since Jabon's mom is coming down to watch the kids and a great lady from the ward is going to watch them until she gets here.

So, in preparation of my return to work, I wanted to test Ashton on his acceptance (or reluctance) of the bottle. He will NOT take a pacifier for anything, so I was concerned that he would also not take the bottle. I had heard that the breastfed babies get confused when Mommy gives a bottle, but I decided I wanted to try it out myself anyway. Well, as soon as that little booger felt the milk on his mouth, he drank from the bottle without any problems at all. I had to keep telling myself, "Oh, Ashton! I'm so proud of you!" and "What a good boy, Ashton!" so I wouldn't think about how easily he replaced me and cry.

3 comments:

Shelly said...

Even though I'm not working now, I completely understand your heartache and desire about going back to work. It IS a good thing that Ashton will take a bottle, but don't worry...you're not easily replaced. Nothing's ever as good as Mommy, but he'll be in good hands until you can come home and hold him. Good luck next week!

The Wiseman's said...

I know how you feel! It will all work out! GOOD LUCK!

Lori said...

It is so good that he took to the bottle so well. NONE of mine wanted it. It's a good thing they didn't really need it. But with Ashton needing it, it has got to be a load off the mind knowing that he will be fed with little to no problem. Good boy Ashton!!