Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happiness is a measuring tape

So reading Shelly's post this morning inspired me to take my measurements again. For those of you that read Jabon's blog, I posted my resolutions earlier this year. One major one for me is getting back into shape. It has been a long time since I was in a shape I preferred. And squishy ain't it.

So I measured myself back in November. Ashton was a month old and I was gearing up for exercising. I was really pretty consistent with working out until I started work 2 weeks ago. With school, work, and family, I haven't given myself any time to exercise. I hope to change that. I vow to actually wake up early enough to exercise, get ready for work, and feed Ashton before I leave every morning. Think I can do it? Yeah, me neither, but I am going to try to train myself to.

Now, as my title eludes, I am pretty happy with my measurements today. I was singing it inside my head to the tune of "Happiness is a Warm Gun' by The Beatles. I think that's on the white album. Anyway, I have lost a total of...get ready for it...9.5 inches and 13 lbs in a little less than 3 months!! (Though Cody says that's not very much) My thighs are actually smaller now by a whole inch each than they were before I got pregnant with Ashton. Months before we decided to have another baby, I was actually exercising a lot at the Y, but I could never lose any weight. I really think nursing Ashton has helped my body kick off it's weight loss. I saw the same thing after I had Brett. Hopefully, this time I can actually keep it off. That's the key word here.

I hope to be able to post next week that I have been able to get up earlier at least 3 times and exercised. I'll let you know.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Go Tara! Go Tara! It's your birthday! It's your birthday!

I so hope you can do it. I really admire your desire to wake up so early to get everything done before work. I can't do it very well, which is why I've never lost weight during the school year.

And, holy crap! I can't believe you've lost so much in three months! As much as I love Cody, don't listen to him! :o)

BTW, you were right. Happiness is a Warm Gun IS on the White Album.

Lori said...

YAY!!! That's great!!! I've been exercising since the middle of Jan. and I don't see any improvement in myself. I'm glad that you do. That's amazing!!!